Monday, December 14, 2009

What I'm Doing

So I'm kinda, sorta back to traveling. Except of course that I do not select the destination, nor the length of time, as it is in fact my job that has sent me this time. That’s right, a business trip. To Phnom Penh, Cambodia and Chiang Mai, Thailand - try not to gulp all that Haterade at once.


The intent of this trip was for me to a) learn more about microfinance in practice, as it is executed in my employer's first investment, and b) check out/begin our due diligence on a potential investment in Thailand. Total time is 5 weeks, I've got 3 days left before I begin my return journey, a 3 day mega-marathon of flights and layovers that includes stops in Bangkok, Phnom Penh, Seoul and London before getting to Switzerland for a family Christmas including the Chinese Anthropologist, who is coming all the way from her research site in rural Xi'an Province (China's coal district). Looking forward to seeing her, and the rest of the family, very much.

No comments: