Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Day 3 - Tuesday, July 6th

All games after 12 pm canceled due to lightning, then water logged fields. Rescheduled for tomorrow, playing 3 games. This is very disappointing because of instead f playing in a 30,000+ football (soccer) stadium, we will now be playing on the worst fields in the tournament. Although those fields are still quite good, I wanted the big field, the stands - even if empty - and my name on the scoreboard after I catch the score. I know it's vain and selfish, but it makes me dream of a day when this sport is hugely popular and games do occur in hug stadia. I won't be playing anymore when that happens, but just once I wanted that feeling....
Other than not playing, I splashed out on a ton of gear at the 5 ultimate tent today. Not all that fiscally responsible, but the stuff feels amazing. Later I watched the Clapham (UK) vs Nomadic Tribe (JAPAN) showcase game, officiated the Dublin 100-meter sprint at halftime (they were all wearing proper trousers, blue collared shirts, and ties) which was globally viewable via a web stream, and received a text from Kat Smale (hi Kat!) in the UK after she saw me on the stream.

Alex Ong made an incredible stir fry for dinner. My stir fries are pretty good, but after tasting that, maybe I should just retire from making them.

Off to bed now, three important games tomorrow!

No comments: